Friday 9 January 2015

Harry Potter Love

I am a massive Harry Potter fan.

I have been a massive Harry Potter fan for a lot of years now. I remember waiting for the last couple of books to be released. The day before was like Christmas eve I was so excited! My wonderful Dad would go and que up outside our local supermarket so that he could get me one of the first copies at midnight. He would leave it outside my bedroom door, fresh for my reading first thing in the morning. I would then spend the whole day devouring the book, finishing the last two the very same day that I got them.


Maybe that Christmas eve feeling is why it is now my tradition to re-read the books for what must be the millionth time, every winter. That and castles and dragons and magic just makes Harry Potter the perfect to read on a dark, cold day, curled up on the couch with the fire blasting and a hot cup of tea.

10 Reasons for My Harry Potter Love:
  1. It is so British. I love this, it makes me proud.

  2. True relationships. The characters fight and fall out and disagree and get jealous but they are  family, they are always there for each other. True love. 

  3. They are so well written. Read them allowed, they flow so well. There are no gaps in the plot. Everything ties up, everything has a purpose and is so well planned out. You know that J.K Rowling had the ending all planned out right from the first book.

  4. The descriptions in the book are great; you feel like you have been to Hogwarts yourself and as though the characters are your friends (even without the films!). You can dive into these books and get lost in the story, forgetting everything else that has been going on in your life.

  5. It's a children's book that doesn't sugar coat life. Beloved characters die throughout, pets died, people are cruel. The main characters parents died at the start of the book. 

  6. The writing of the books grows with the characters. The first book sounds young as the characters are young. The final book is grown up feel as the characters are grown up.

  7. Powerful moral lessons. It's a great book for children to grow up reading. Harry Potter teaches equality, girl power, the right route vs the easy route, standing up for what you believe in even when your superiors are trying to push you down, there are causes worth dying for but none worth killing for, appearances can be deceiving, love concurs all... I could go on.

  8. Snape. Just thinking of Snape puts a lump in my throat. What a way to sacrifice everything.

  9. Neville. Forgetful, clumsy, bottom of the class Neville. Brilliant, loyal Neville. Fights so hard for what he believes in and shows just what determination can achieve.

  10. Wonderful, wise quotes such as:
There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals
In our dreams we enter a world that it truely our own
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right

I am going to feel so lost when I reach the end of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?