Monday 1 December 2014

'Tis The Season

Now we are officially in December, nobody (not even the Grinchy-est among us), can deny that the Christmas season is finally here!

It is the season of plenty. Plenty of parties, plenty of food, plenty of wine, and plenty of shopping !
I have a somewhat love/hate relationship with Christmas shopping. I love being able to treat my family and friends, but I also find it difficult because I want to get something that they are going to really like. Something they will genuinely be happy to open, that they wouldn't buy for themselves and that I know they will make good use of.

And these day's that is difficult. Most of us are lucky enough to have everything we need and we don't really want for a lot either. Therefore, we buy each other gifts that whilst thoughtful and of course appreciated, are a little bit wasted. Does my dad really need another tie? Is my brother going to get excited opening his 5th T-shirt of the morning? Will my mam get a fuzzy feeling over that scented candle? Probably not.

I don't want to get all preachy, you know what I mean! It's great being able to treat each other and show that we care.

Basically, what I am trying to tell you about is a brilliant website I came across, that offers an alternative type of present we can give to our loved ones. Or as a way to give to those less fortunate than us at a time of year that we are all so fortunate.


There is a massive range of gifts that you can choose to give. Whatever your budget and whatever you are interested in, there is a gift you will want to buy.

There are 'Little Good Gifts' ranging from warm blankets for chilly grannies, to pajamas and a teddy for children in a women's refuge, to a malaria net for a family in Africa.

If you are feeling very generous, there are also 'Gigantic Good Gifts' which include the options of building a library in India, saving Britain's greenbelt or funding a seaside holiday for a hard-pressed family of four.

When you buy a Good Gift, the money you spend will buy the actual gift you have chosen, so you know exactly where your money is going. With every Gift bought, you will receive a card describing the gift, or for the Christmas season, you can instead choose the cracker pack in which to insert the description of the gift.

It's such a good idea ! You need check it out. I have already purchased a few for my loved ones and it feels great. I know they will love them.

What Good Gifts are you going to give this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?